Mobility & Materials
Summary: The PTL is the single point of accountability for the DuPont capital project process for all assigned projects.
- Regularly engages the project steering team to ensure alignment with business and functional direction, request staffing support, seek assistance with issue resolution, make strategic project decisions and provide status updates, throughout execution of all aspects of the project. Leads the development and approval of the BOL with the steering team.
- Assesses team functional capability, identifies expertise gaps within the project team and solicits the steering team for necessary staffing support.
- Provides leadership for an effective and cohesive team by ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly understood, team member workloads are reasonable, cross-function communications are adequate, and personality conflicts are managed, for owner and contract members. Engages outside consultants when needed to support the team.
- Ensures the FEL process is followed consistent with the business needs, all required FEL deliverables are accomplished in a quality manner and leads the project gatekeeping reviews.
- Leads the team in identifying non-cap alternatives or lower capital options, using the appropriate VCPs, following best practices, evaluating scope options, conducting risks analyses and developing mitigation plans.
- Ensures excellence in adherence to PSM, SHE, MIQA, export controls and trade secrets principles, and other core value standards, processes and procedures.
- Performs economic evaluations, prepares funding requests, forecasts capital and non-cap expenditures and asset write-offs, and ensures necessary financial reporting and accounting is performed.
- For smaller projects, serves as the owner’s lead project engineer to ensure necessary engineering processes are followed, leveraging highly with engineering and CM contractors. Champions the “no change” concept and ensures only changes consistent with the business and project objectives are approved.
- Ensures site personnel are staffed and preparing for commissioning and start-up of the new facilities, including training, procedure updates, maintenance PM records updates, etc.; ensures schedules are aligned with supply chain and operations/maintenance needs, such as TARs, to determine when outages are available if necessary.
- Defines and analyzes KPI’s to insure overall performance expectations for the project are met and communicates results to the steering team and appropriate functional leaders.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Project Quality Plans, including auditing work processes and deliverables for compliance, and for meeting agreed upon project quality requirements and expectations.
- Required: 4-year B.S. in Engineering
- Required: At least 5 years of experience leading capital projects greater than $500,000
- Required: Experience working with full-service design contractors.
- Required: Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to interact with range of personnel including operator & maintenance technicians, business management, and external customers.
- Required: High degree of initiative and flexibility to move projects forward safely and in a timely manner
- Desired: Knowledge of DuPont GPS work process, including SAP and EcoSys
- Desired: Prior experience improving performance and capability.
- Desired: A bias for execution, results oriented, and demonstrated courage (need to challenge the status quo).
- Desired: An understanding of capital project estimating processes.