Expeditor - Big E's Midland
Big E's of Midland wants you! Continue your career in the Hospitality Industry and become an Expeditor. This is a great opportunity to expand your experience and knowledge of the current supreme customer service, food prep and delivery, and bar operations!
Expeditor Wage: hourly rate plus tip pool
Expeditor Benefits Include:
- Hotel and restaurant discounts
- Earned Paid Time Off for ALL Team Members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- Flexible schedules (dependent on position)
- Holiday Pay
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time per year (must be accredited)
- Advancement opportunities
- 100% paid maternity/paternity or adoption leave for those who qualify for FMLA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Pine Rest (3 free counseling visits, online library, and access to legal, financial and elder care consultations)
Expeditor Position Summary:
Responsible for preparing all food items, while following local health department standards, Suburban Inns’ Core Values, and Suburban Inns/Big E’s standards, as well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100% satisfied
Expeditor Essential Functions:
- Report to work in uniform presented professionally, neat, and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner.
- Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Expedite all required items according to standardized recipes
- Set up service units with needed items
- Serve items in accordance with established portions and presentation standards
- Notify the Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty of expected shortages
- Ensure that assigned work areas and equipment are clean and sanitary
- Assist in maintaining security and safety in the kitchen
- Set up, maintain, and break down Expo station
- Requisition items needed to produce menu items
- Adhere to local health and safety regulations
- Maintain any logs required by the health department
- Effectively Communicate with FOH and BOH employees.
- Cover, date, and neatly store all leftover products that are reusable
- Maintain the highest sanitary standards
- Follow all Suburban Inns policies
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
Expeditor Uniform and Appearance Guidelines:
Uniform: Uniform shirt and name tag provided. Suburban Inns approved black slacks or jeans (within guidelines) and black, close-toed, non-slip shoes are the responsibility of the Team Member.
Appearance: Visible earrings are allowed in the ears only or must be covered throughout the course of the shift. Hair must be kept well-groomed. This policy will be administered by the position’s supervisor, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The Director of Operations has the authority to veto any decision made by the position’s supervisor.