Supervisor, Frag Compound
Bell Flavors & Fragrances
Requisition Number: SUPER01061
- Supervisory duties include supervision of up to 20 subordinates.
- Working knowledge of compounding procedures and basic understanding of chemistry to teach/counsel proper compounding techniques to prevent deviations and/or troubleshoot occurring deviations.
- Initiate, develop and support continuous improvement in areas of cGMP, safety, allergen, SSOP, EFfCI and ISO guidelines and internal metrics related to first time right, on-time shipping and lead time
- Initiate, develop and/or support continuous improvement projects with regard to manufacturing effectiveness, material handling and equipment cleaning.
- Oversee the compounding and material handling operations, including but not limited to, manufacture of products according to special instruction, inventory control of raw and stock materials used, bin transfers, warehouse locations, changing drums and refilling transfer containers, mixing, filling and sampling of finished goods.
- Oversees the accurate inventory control of materials ensuring lot numbers, warehouse locations and bins, labeling of drums, stock fragrance and transfer containers are being maintained and effectively used to support Material Management and inventor control initiatives.
- Oversee Material Handling duties in conjunction with Receiving and Warehouse Management to support effective material movement and management with regard to ingredient locations, stock rotation, and material management in racks and storage rooms.
- Follow approved manufacturing protocol, record keeping and methods of operation, including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedure, site regulations, departmental rules, and required regulatory procedures, log books and other supporting data as needed per internal auditing guidelines.
- Maintain Ultipro time management database for fragrance production employees, scheduling, approving and verifying time sheets weekly.
- Review and maintain open order report, production logs, attend morning production meetings to verify on-time production an shipment needs are being met.
- Communicate with planning and other departments to ensure stock levels are maintained and planned appropriately.
- Back up for Material Handlers as needed.
- work with all fragrance materials safely including wet, dry, viscous, flammable, hot and hazardous substances.
- Work within proper cGMP, safety allergen, SSOP, SWF, Kosher, Halal, and ISO guidelines.
- Required to attend annual refresher food safety training.
- On sire annual competency testing is required.
- Responsible for maintaining the SQF, ISO 9001:2015 EFfCI requirements.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
- Forklift certification required
- Yellow Belt-Six Sigma Lean Training, preferred
- Working knowledge of current good Manufacturing practices and OSHA safety regulations
- Supervisor/manager Leadership skills and at minimum basic understanding of ADA, FMLA, Workers Comp, hours/days of work, employee breaks, as it pertains to production
- Knowledge of metric system and conversions is required
- Ability to read and write English is required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Periods of standing, walking reaching, bending are required