Primary Care Physician - Family Medicine
Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
- 601 licensed inpatient beds
- Emergency medicine
- Surgical services
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Skilled nursing unit
- Cardiology services including emergency and elective angioplasty
- Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
- Orthopedic services including joint replacements
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Birthing centers
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Geriatric assessment
- Primary, Specialty, and Urgent care practices
- Adult day care
- Mental health and chemical dependency programs
- Diabetes program
- Wound care
- Sleep Center Services
- Outpatient infusion services
- Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Hospitalist services
- Rape intervention and support services
- Community screenings and support groups
Responsible for providing appropriate primary and continuing care to all patient in Garnet Health Medical Center as well as leadership, coordination and administration. The Physician is a partner in an interdisciplinary team of primary care givers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest of standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Garnet Health Medical Center, supporting our mission, vision and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients.
- Degree of M.D. OR D.O. with recognized internal medicine residency (three years minimum) OR ABFM-recognized family medicine residency (three years minimum) required.
- Professional clinical experience in primary care practice in either family medicine or internal medicine required.
- NYS Medical License, valid and unrestricted required.
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Practice achieved within Five years of completion of residency is required.
- Current and ongoing BLS certification required and ACLS preferred
- NY State DEA Certification, valid and unrestricted required.
- Current NY State Opioid Prescriber Certificate required.
- Current Infectious Certificate required.
- Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with the practice of internal medicine or family medicine.
- Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works primarily inside and may occasionally work outdoors. Frequent contact with various Garnet Health staff, sales representatives, employees and community members. May be exposed to odors, chemical agents, dust, fumes, gases, sharp objects, hazardous or moving equipment, wet slippery floors, and extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs and push over 75 lbs. Other physical requirements include the ability to bend, kneel, crouch, twist, balance and reach above, out and below.
- Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.