Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
- 601 licensed inpatient beds
- Emergency medicine
- Surgical services
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Skilled nursing unit
- Cardiology services including emergency and elective angioplasty
- Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
- Orthopedic services including joint replacements
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Birthing centers
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Geriatric assessment
- Primary, Specialty, and Urgent care practices
- Adult day care
- Mental health and chemical dependency programs
- Diabetes program
- Wound care
- Sleep Center Services
- Outpatient infusion services
- Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Hospitalist services
- Rape intervention and support services
- Community screenings and support groups
Greater Hudson Valley Health System Medical Group is looking for Cardiologist to join the 190+ multi-specialty Medical group. This position involves both inpatient and outpatient clinical dutiesResponsible for providing appropriate acute and chronic cardiac care by diagnosing, treating and helping prevent heart & blood vessel disease, including heart and vascular disease, congenital heart defects, heart attacks, coronary artery disease, heart rhythm disturbances and heart failure. The Cardiologist leads an interdisciplinary team of primary caregivers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of the System, Hospital and Medical Group, supporting our mission, vision and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients.
M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy
Residency trained in USA
Fellowship in Cardiology
Minimum Experience: Graduating from Cardiology Fellowship are welcome to apply
License - Active NY State Medical License
Board Eligibility/ Board Certification in Cardiology within 5 years of residency completion
DEA - NY State required
Infection Control - NY State
Certified BLS certification preferred ACLS certification required
ECFMG required if applicable
Industry-leading competitive salary potential
PTO,403(b), life, health, vision, dental and disability insurance offered
Paid malpractice, CME time and allowance
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine affiliation with a teaching opportunity
H1 Visa and GreenCard Sponsorship
Relocation assistance is available
Physical Requirements: Stands, walks, sits intermittently throughout the day. Lifts, pushes, pulls light to heavy weights as required
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 10 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.