United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to become a part of our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for!
This is your chance to join a company steeped in history yet focused on the future by developing engines that provide step-change improvements for the next generation of commercial aircraft and fifth generation fighters. Pratt & Whitney, a pioneer in flight and technology, is part of the United Technologies Corporation (UTC) family. UTC is a Fortune 500 company located in over 4,800 locations in approximately 80 countries with $58 billion in revenues (2011).
Come join a fast growing technical organization at Pratt & Whitney! Compression Systems Engineering is seeking several highly motivated candidates to work in the areas of structures or design engineering. This is an opportunity to support the development of world class compression systems. This associate will be responsible for designing or performing structural analysis on compression system hardware and will work collaboratively to solve problems with integrated product teams and system design teams.
Responsibilities may include
- General task management
- Creating technical reports
- Design and analysis support of tasks from preliminary design through detailed design phases
- Coordinating with others in advancing technology and process improvements.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Resident Aliens.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Engineering
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Academic or previous technical intern experience designing hardware, analyzing test data, conducting finite element analysis or experience designing or analyzing gas turbine engine hardware a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms