PR & Communications Manager, North America, Fiskars Functional
The PR & Communications Manager role is to lead the Fiskars PR and Communications in the North American region to maximize positive media coverage for the brand. The role supports the Fiskars Global PR and Communications strategy and leads the annual PR and Communications activity plans for the North American region for all categories (gardening, cooking, creating, building and fixing). The role includes event organization, localizing and distributing press materials and being in regular contact with media directly and indirectly via our PR agency. The role builds the brand's awareness and preference in the region, but also strongly contributes to sales by impacting consumers with editorial content in both traditional and online media, social media and via influencers.
The PR & Communications Manager works collaboratively with the Senior Marketing Manager for the Americas and the Fiskars Global PR and Communications, and reports to the Director, PR & Communications, Fiskars Functional.
- In charge of leading the PR planning and execution for Fiskars and Gilmour brands in the North American region according to the Fiskars Global PR and Communications strategy.
- Planning and managing press events, localizing press concepts and materials by the Fiskars Global PR and Communications, sending out press releases, cooperation with influencers and serving media on daily basis.
- Cooperation with Fiskars Global PR and Communications in concept and asset development when acting as lead market.
- Responsible for the region's influencer cooperation and other social media and product placement activities.
- Development of additional local PR assets when needed, in line with the Fiskars Global PR and Communications strategy.
- Leading the management of the local PR agency.
- Tracking and reporting the PR results for the market according to the set KPI's.
- Close cooperation with Senior Marketing Manager for the Americas to gain synergies out of cooperation with media agencies and customer plans.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Communications or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in public relations and/or communications
- Experience in working with (premium consumer) brands in an international business, in a communications and marketing environment
- Track-record of delivering outstanding communicational results. Experience from brand / launch communication considered as a strong plus.
- Solid understanding of the North American market environment and specific requirements
- Understanding in the changing media landscape and proactive approach to it
- Good understanding of Social Media and high enthusiasm to work on the topic
- Excellent writing, presentation, networking and project management skills
- Expertise in event planning and production
- Enthusiasm in gardening, cooking and creating considered as a plus
Since 1649, Fiskars has been guided by the ageless principles of high quality, functionality and sustainable design. Today we are one of the leading gardening, cookware and crafting brands in the world, inspiring a more creative everyday.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities