The Otter Creek Forklift Operator performs all major warehouse functions including receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and shipping orders for customers and shuttles, and managing, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse. This position is also responsible for completing required inventory counts and assisting the Inventory Control Specialist with resolving discrepancies. The Forklift Operator rotates between first and second shift depending on production requirements. Key Accountabilities
- Load/unload trucks; ensure smooth operation and traffic flow of product and materials in and out of the warehouse
- Safely operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Accurately fulfill/verify bills of lading and other required paperwork for shipping/receiving activities
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet areas, and work stations neat; sweep, dust, and mop as necessary; consistently maintain an organized warehouse and work area; wear proper safety equipment
- Sort and place materials and finished goods on racks, shelves, or in bins according to organizational standards
- Accurately complete required daily/monthly inventory counts and assist the Inventory Control Specialist with reconciliations
High school diploma or equivalent, plus one year of relevant work experience
Ability to lift 50 lbs, valid driver’s license, good attendance record, ability to handle multiple tasks, forklift operations experience, good communication skills.
One to two years of experience successfully working in a busy warehouse; forklift certification.