This is a leadership position within Process and Technical Development that has responsibility for developing process and product related analytics for cell and gene therapies in order to accelerate process development.
- Build a Rapid In-Process Analytical Development (Rapid Analytics) group for gene viral vectors and cell therapies, aiming at acceleration of process development and reduction of TAT.
- Oversee the Rapid Analytics group and work closely with other function groups' heads and scientists to develop scientifically sound and fit-for-purpose analytical methods.
- Lead in-process analytical method development and sample testing appropriate for product characterization and functional assessment for a variety of gene viral vectors and cell therapies to support fast process development.
- Support process and technology development initiatives and objectives
- In close collaboration with analytical development group, align the methods for final product release.
- Stay current with technologies and provide innovation as appropriate
- Guide and develop the technical team.
- Partner with China team as needed.
- Lead IP development for rapid analytics of cell and gene therapies
- Participate in scientific conferences and represent WuXi to potential clients where appropriate.
- Be able to connect with all levels within the organization
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating updated organizational information, job expectations & supporting their work
- Plans, monitors, and appraises direct reports including performance competencies, goals & job results
- Coaches, counsels, and conducts disciplinary actions
- Develops, coordinates, and follows organizational systems, policies, procedures, and follows labor and capacity standards
Experience / Education
- More than 10 years of Biopharma / Biotech industry analytical experience in cell therapy, viral vector, vaccine or biologics
- Ph.D. in Analytical Science preferred; or combination of relevant Experience and Education
- Mid Management level experience
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.