Reimagine the mobile experience
You are a passionate Android Lead! You want to work on a state of the art application with modern design, architecture and tools in a true agile environment? Come join our growing, enthusiastic and talented Mobile development team! Vanguard is heavily investing and committing to build a world-class mobile experience for our clients and we are hiring top talent to build our new iOS and Android native apps. You will be joining a fun, collaborative and inclusive cross-functional team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology, development practices.
In this role you will:
- Partner with architects to implement high-performance mobile applications
- Research and summarize adjacent technology trends to provide guidance
- Mentor the team on the “how“ of better use of existing platform components and performance best practices
- Highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues in a manner all can understand.
- Able to work with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to prioritize work relative to both delivering business value and addressing technical debt.
- Leads system analysis, design, development, and implementation for our existing mobile native applications.
- Translates stories into design & code. Develops well-engineered code and test artifacts backed by automated tests
- Research and employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure quality and improve velocity of the team
- Elevates code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Leads in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues.
- Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Contributes to develop and maintain an inclusive and highly-collaborative environment for the team
Innovating for client success
Focused on creating great mobile experiences, you'll harness your passion for technology in the interests of our investors and turn design ideas into workable mobile interfaces. Your excellent interpersonal, organizational and multitasking skills will put you at the heart of major projects, where you'll have every opportunity to enhance your expertise. As part of our highly regarded team, you'll build new skills as fast as you build your industry profile.
What it takes
- B.S, M.S or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent preferred or relevant experience
- 10+ years of software experience in a global hi-tech organization
- 5+ years as a Mobile developer
- Experience with Native and Hybrid Mobile application development
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and demonstrate a hands-on understanding
- Strong understanding of design patterns, integration patterns/practice, Data modeling principles and best practices
- A good track record of project delivery for large cross-team projects
- Strong communication skills and the ability to connect with engineers, managers, PMs, customers.
- Experience with Cloud Development Platforms, Mobile/Web development frameworks, and Microservice architecture
- Latest Android Studio
- Java is a must. Kotlin is a plus
- Gradle, Robolectric, Espresso
- Dagger / Retrofit
- Mobile Backend (NodeJS)
- RESTful Services (Sprint Boot / Java on AWS)
- CI/CD Pipeline (Bamboo / Fastlane)
- Git (Bitbucket)
- JIRA / Slack / Trello
- Adobe Analytics
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.“
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.