Main Line Health is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource with over 11,000 employees, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. Composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Recognized as a Magnet system Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care, education and research.
Lankenau Medical Center, a 331-bed not-for-profit acute care teaching hospital and medical center, is conveniently located in Wynnewood, PA, just outside the western city limits of Philadelphia, on a magnificent 93-acre campus including its own farm. Lankenau has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals for excellence in patient outcomes, patient safety and patient satisfaction. U.S. News & World Report ranked Lankenau as one of the Top 5 hospitals in the Philadelphia region and one of the Top 10 hospitals in Pennsylvania. The Hospital has received Magnet® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's highest award for recognizing excellence in nursing care.
Lankenau is a Level II Trauma Center and in 2013, opened the Heart Pavilion, a world-class facility for cardiac care. We have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm.
Why Work at Lankenau Medical Center?
We are committed to providing exceptional care with empathy and compassion for people at all stages in life. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrates our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are. Our physicians and employees speak highly of the work environment at Main Line Health. The hospital has been recognized by the Philadelphia Business Journal as one of the top ten “Best Places to Work“ in the Delaware Valley and also ranked among Modern Healthcare's top 100 places in the nation to work in healthcare. With a history spanning more than 150 years, it's one of the region's most honored and respected academic healthcare institutions.
Turn your job into a career by joining Main Line Health! Lankenau Medical Center has an immediate opening for a Second Cook!
The Second Cook prepares, cooks and serves meals for hospital patients, employees and visitors. Assists with special functions as required.
- Reviews menus and production sheets and plans cooking schedule to ensure that food will be ready at specified times. Provides additional menu items as requested.
- Follows standardized recipes to ensure consistency of product.
- Assists with patient and retail service as required.
- Maintains food samples and participates in test tray evaluations.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Maintains food log temperatures as requested.
- Controls the utilization of leftovers and maintains storage areas according to food safety and sanitation standards.
- Displays a polite and friendly customer service attitude to co-workers and customers.
- Completes additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Follows all cost containment and food safety measures.
- Attends In Services and meetings as scheduled, follows department policies on attendance, punctuality and dress.
- Incorporates the organization's mission and values into daily performance.
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
Members of the Food Service Department, patients and visitors, employees in outside departments, vendors
Education: High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
Licensures and Certifications: Food Handlers Certification or equivalent
Experience: One to two years institutional cooking experience
We offer competitive compensation, 403B matching savings plan, and a pension plan. org/careers Enter Job ID 49026 in Keyword search box.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.