Sales Manager, Shop at Home
Springs Window Fashions has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our products are available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride ourselves as “The Best Experience Company“, striving to provide the best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
Manage regional shop at home and installed services organization, programs and sales objectives. Recruit, hire, train, assess, and develop SWF network of Design Consultant (DC) associates and Window Treatment Specialist (WTS) contractor agencies to manage leads and deliver key results of our Shop at Home programs.
Drive Shop at Home sales for accountable regions
- Track and analyze key metrics
- Translate organizational and business unit goals into regional and individual goals
- Create action plans to achieve sales targets
- Set expectations and goals with WTS contractors and Design Consultants
- Follow and report out on progress against actions and goals
- Assess risk and address misses by creating countermeasures
Manage performance of Design Consultants and WTS Contractor Agencies including goal and objective setting, performance review and corrective actions
- Prospect, interview, hire, coach and terminate associates as needed
- Coordinate and provide training including onboarding, product, program, selling and installation
- Set expectations and enable shop at home key practices with DC and WTS
- Own the shop at home lead from creation through installation and service
- Conduct field and site visits to stores, WTS/DC territories and consumer appointments to inspect expectations, reset standards and review performance
- Develop and deploy technology improvements and other key strategies
Establish and enhance customer relationships
- Identify and build customer relationships with District, Regional and National Sales Managers at key accounts (The Home Depot, Lowe's, JCP, Empire Today, Graber Direct)
- Provide feedback on product, process, competitive activity
- Be an ambassador of SWF on quality, brand and value by managing issues and expectations
- Gather feedback, resolve issues, communicate resolutions and bridge relationships with customers to ensure SWF brands are first choice
Communication and Planning
- Regularly communicates with Customer Service, Field Sales, Retail Sales Managers and National Account teams
- Evaluate local action plans and strategies to achieve key results
- Review risks to plans, develop and communicate contingencies
- Report on progress against action plans and results
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals
Plan and Align
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Perferred Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- 1 to 3 years of previous related work experience.
- Employment background check required for in-home work at Lowe's, THD, JCP and other SWF customers
- May require local licensing in some municipalities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership, change management, goal deployment and action planning
- Inspiring and persuasive communication/presentation skills, with the ability to influence a broad range of people and personalities.
- Excel in high-pressure work environment that demands careful and meticulous attention to detail with emphasis on multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Some experience on color in the home and love of interior design; previous window treatment experience required
- Consumer expectation setting and managing the consumer shop at home experience. Must have excellent soft personal skills in addition to selling and window covering knowledge
- Ability to assess jobsite and identify most appropriate solutions (squareness of windows, installation or operating obstacles, application conditions, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office, mobile devices, email, CRM and the ability to learn and use new apps and technology