Analyze business and financial results to support the sales organization.
Present findings and recommendations to sales management to solve problems and issues related to sales opportunities.
Plan and prepare business, financial and data analysis and reports.
- Create, maintain, and develop relationships with the customer, Medline contacts and vendor community. Lead various committees on behalf of customer (ex. value analysis committee).
- Serve as initial point of contact for customers' new and existing vendors. Meet with vendors to discuss products, pricing and terms. Present findings to key contacts in the customer's procurement team.
- Measure the trends, efficiencies and effectiveness of sales and resource allocation and utilization. Prepare and analyze sales forecast, sales results, budget variances, and quarterly business presentations.
- Support sales team by managing contract terms, assisting with brand conversions, and tracking all savings and projects. Make presentations regarding project updates, business results, committee findings, etc.
- Review pricing to determine items that are priced outside of the normal predetermined range for typical customers of that market type. Ensure new pricing rules are first reviewed and evaluated for their impact for final implementation.
- Evaluate 3rd party industry pricing data being marketed and sold to Medline customers to understand what information is being provided and implications to the Company.
- Provide issue resolution in the following areas (not limited to): inventory surplus, backorders, outstanding invoices. Initiate and partner with the internal teams. Communicate resolution in a timely manner.
- Host weekly meetings with supply chain, materials services, and Medline Sales teams.
- Collaborate with Sales, IS and Finance to develop, create and maintain reporting requirements and ensure systems provide accurate and timely data.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; and a 401(k) with company match and much more!
- Bachelor's Degree
- Will be considered: High school diploma and at least 5 years of experience in sales analysis and support.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in sales analysis and support.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Willingness to travel for business related needs (i.e. training, accounts meetings, development, etc).
Relevant Work Experience
- Previous analytics experience in the healthcare industry.
- Previous inventory or supply chain analytics experience.