Responsibilities for this Position
Program Representative - Material Management
Job ID: 2020-16171
# of Openings: 1
Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Ethos & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
- Environmental Responsibility
Program Representative: Virginia and Columbia Material Program Rep
On-Site Representative - this position is located in York, PA at EB Supplier Precision Custom Components (PCC) and may require travel. Initial training may be required for up to a six month period in Groton, CT, New London, CT, and/or Mt Vernon, IN.
This position is for a permeant relocation
This person's responsibility is to deliver high quality products on time to support customer needs. They are responsible to monitor progress towards delivery milestones and clearly articulate critical needs to D330 management. They are also responsible for site office operations including administrative oversight of employee visit requests, portable temporary electronic equipment (use and storage), and developing and revising program instructions and CONOPs as necessary. PCC is a supplier of various critical complex components including CMC Missile Tubes, VIRGINIA Payload Tubes, tanks, valves, and large fixtures.
Representative will be responsible for:
- Identify issues, measure risk, and drive resolution to direct priorities to ensure delivery and support shipyard/government needs
- Ensure timely submittal and accuracy of contractually required production and capacity metrics
- Represent Electric Boat as required during meetings, audits, and customer visits
- Coordinate customer and Electric Boat visits to PCC and any required Electric Boat travel to PCC's subtiers
- Coordinate support for any hold points that are invoked
- Onsite office property, material, and security
- Work with Groton supervisor to prioritize resources at various locations
- Attend daily production meetings (when allowed by Supplier), understand where critical path material is in production at all times
- Identify any issues seen in production to supplier management, ensure supplier is tracking to integrated master schedule
- Provide status for government commitments, quality review progress, supplier critical items and sub-tiers
- Identify vendor information requests and other matters, including contractual, that may impact construction
- Electric Boat supplied material deliveries and status
- Reporting issues such as missing material or paperwork
- Reviewing all official supplier submittals prior to release to purchasing
- Provide non-contractual direction in conjunction with buyers
- Execute any issues or needs that originate from Electric Boat engineering and program office requests
The program representative's duties include tracking vendor status such as schedule performance, non-conformances, travel, and upcoming major milestones. Lead the kickoff, release for manufacture, and quarterly review meetings. Support any In-depth Supplier Assessments (ISA) actions and audits as requested. Act as primary point of contact for all non-technical feedback to the vendor in conjunction with the buyer.
The program representative will be required to work closely with supplier's project management and manufacturing team. Provide regular project status reports back to Electric Boat Purchasing and CMC, VPT and other component teams. Attend regular status visits to the subcontract suppliers to progress delivery schedules as required.
This position requires minimal supervision and requires the person to manage and measure work on a daily basis.
- Candidate must be self-directed, highly motivated, and possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally and be comfortable interfacing directly with varied levels of management at vendor's facilities and Electric Boat both verbally and in writing as required
- Candidate must be able to track all phases of work in process, and downstream to meet the company and program needs
- Ability to build relationships in the shop and office setting
- Ability to lead meetings with senior leadership presence
- Multi-tasking and the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions as required
- The ability to manage employees who do not directly report to you
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience, training, or knowledge associated with large structural component fabrication, machining and welding, material/procurement, and project management
- Experienced with the Earned Value Management System for both labor and material
- Computer skills including of MRPII, Electronic Desktop, and the Microsoft office Suite
- Applicant must possess or be able to secure secret or higher DOD clearance
- Previous experience in vendor management, oversight or quality control
- Experience working with SOSG and NAVSEA customers
- A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Program Management, Manufacturing/Operations, Engineering or equivalent