The Technology Specialist is responsible for developing client relationships and generating sales revenue by selling Patterson Technology products. The Technology Specialist will balance client needs with company objectives and policies.
This person communicates effectively and persuasively to a high volume of people throughout the workday. They apply communication skills primarily over the phone. The Technology Specialist has the ability to repetitively overcome rejection from potential clients.
This person will be familiar with Patterson service offerings and be aware of competitive products in the market. They know the key differentiators that make Patterson technology stand out.
- Sells portfolio of Patterson dental software solutions. Manages software sales cycle from generating prospects, nurturing leads, conducting product demos, developing proposals, and closing sales.
- Represents Patterson as the first line of contact for clients looking for software solutions by receiving inbound calls from prospective clients
- Performs outbound call campaigns, overcomes customer objections and sells against competitive products
- Achieves monthly, quarterly, and year-end sales goals by product, as defined by software business team and Software Sales Manager and grows assigned sales territory over prior year
- Establishes strong relationships with defined territory branch teams, including General Managers, Territory Reps, Equipment Specialists, and Technology Advisors
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and potential customers
- Maintains strong understanding of prospective customer segments, competitive products and market trends
- Prepares sales activity and tracking reports
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2 years of sales experience, preferably selling software or related products
- Excellent communication skills with ability to quickly build rapport both over the phone and in-person
- Active listening skills with ability to effectively qualify customers, offer appropriate solutions, and overcome objections
- Self-motivated with ability to consistently reach sales targets
- Experience conducting software product demonstrations to customers preferred
- Dental industry experience preferred
An Equal Opportunity EmployerPatterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.