This position works directly with the Partners and legal secretaries to prepare billing and electronic billing submission for assigned clients. The Billing Coordinator works independently to prepare client bills generated through Elite Enterprise system from pro-formas, bill finalization, and successful electronic submission when required by the client. The candidate will possess strong analytical acumen and superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Generate monthly proformas, draft, and final bills for attorney's review. Utilize specialized knowledge of client and industry standards/requirements in the preparation of bills.
- Review attorney time entries based on client and matter requirements, and suggest corrections when applicable (including resolution of block billing and task codes).
- Review cost entries for compliance with billing guidelines, and suggest corrections when applicable.
- Ensure that Partner is updated on billing related issues.
- Demonstrate solid judgement and diplomacy when executing partner requests.
- For e-billed clients, submission of client invoices on the Ebilling Hub or directly with Ebilling vendor applications.
- Address all rejected e-billing invoices within two business days.
- Work with Collections Team to ensure proactive follow-up on all aged invoices and resolution of short paid invoices.
- Respond to requests from partners and legal secretaries to troubleshoot billing problems and offer constructive solutions to reduce or eliminate billing inefficiencies.
- Obtain approved write-offs as needed.
- Provide expense detail back-up to accompany invoices as required.
- Act as a resource for other members of the Billing Department, including technical expertise on specialized billing where applicable.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with clients when applicable.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / KSAs:
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5-plus years in legal billing position preferred.
- Elite Enterprise/Aderant, Ebilling Hub, and Ebilling vendor application experience preferred.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced business environment.
- Computer skills: strong Excel, Word, Outlook, Elite Enterprise & Ebilling vendor applications.
- Ability to interact with legal and administrative personnel in domestic and foreign offices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and working in a team environment is critical.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end billing processes, guidelines, systems, and system interfaces.
Additional Job Description
PHYSICAL EFFORT / WORK CONDITIONS:
For Other Non-Exempt Staff (e.g., in Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- This position operates in a professional office environment which is generally free of hazards and exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- This position requires regular attendance on-site at a Dechert location.
- This position routinely operates standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopy machines, fax machines and filing cabinets, and requires frequent communication with the firm's employees and partners as well as third parties.
- This position is mainly sedentary. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to read, sit and type for sustained periods of time; to walk, stand, reach and bend; to open and close filing cabinets and access and retrieve materials in file rooms; to lift, carry and move files or other items of light to moderate weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- This position requires a normal audio range, with or without correction. It also requires the normal visual range, with or without correction. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.