Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world's most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That's why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Main Purpose of Job:
This individual will play a key role managing the University Accounts sales team in North America, which focuses on our small to mid size academic market. The candidate will use their extensive industry experience and knowledge of selling complex solutions to 'C level' executives as well as end user constituencies to:
- Drive productivity and maximize sales effectiveness
- Implement sound account management strategies across the team help growth through new customer attainment and retention.
- Develop a strong service based relationship with customers
- Implement a robust sales process for growing existing customers and attracting new budgets from new departments
- Ensure short- and long-term business objectives are met
We are looking for a consultative sales professional, exceptional in account management, upsell and new business. This individual is a self starter and able to work in a face paced environment.
The University Account Team Manager will be responsible for driving net new growth and supporting a team in managing a 'book of business' in the North American academic market. Our ideal candidate will help the team in building and evolving strong relationships with customers across the account to drive new business and upsell of the product portfolio, which includes the Web of Science Group product portfolio.
The focused customer base for this team is typically a blend small to mid level academic accounts. The candidate will ideally have an understanding of this scientific and academic research 'ecosystem'.
A requirement is to be competent with solution selling principles and practices and demonstrate a high level of professionalism to both clients and work colleagues. Previous experience in the Publishing industry is a plus.
Candidates will have a proven ability to develop new business and revenue streams within their territory and will have further developed existing accounts for new business opportunities in new buying centres.
- Drive revenue growth of the University Accounts' Team sales through the successful creation of tactical strategies and effective team management.
- Lead Account Managers to hit new account acquisition, revenue retention and growth goals.
- Motivate and maintain a team of qualified and well trained regional representatives adept at representing the complete line of the Web of Science Group products and services through a consultative sales approach.
- Support territory expansion and business development initiatives in their respective market segments- working in collaboration with the Sales Leadership team. High impact communication and implementation of agreed strategies to their team.
- Ensure collaboration of the sales team to successfully implement targeted and effective selling initiatives appropriate to the specified customer base to deliver growth of client revenue.
- Drive high performance across the team, including setting overall performance objectives, expectations and standards. Leads by example.
- Optimize communication, interaction and relationship building with internal resources, stakeholders and external customers.
- Regularly attend customer meetings and conferences to add value through support of their team members and increase customer touch points.
- Establish and maintain an environment that optimizes team and individual performance for the business. Ensure key metrics and performance targets are effectively managed and tracked across the regional sales organization.
- Support and assist the team in Preparing an account plan for key customers which includes an organization profile, an analysis of revenues, relationship profiles for contacts, SWOT analysis, use of services, strategy for growth, objectives to acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of the Scientific and Academic Research product portfolio. Keep abreast of new product releases and go-to-market plans.
- Utilize, adopt and support the use of Salesforce.com and other reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes.
- Liaise effectively with internal departments (especially Product Development, Sales Support and Marketing Department) to maximise the teams' success and to keep up to date with existing and new services and marketing/sales campaigns.
- Maintain customer satisfaction with all Clarivate Analytics services and functions.
- Responsible for identifying training and developmental needs for your team on an on-going basis.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis. Deputize for team members / your line manager as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities Required:
- College degree required-
- 5+ years of experience in a Publishing, Scientific or Academic Sales role and including significant experience meeting and exceeding sales/revenue goals
- Proffered Management qualifications and or experience of 2+ years
- Experience with consultative selling
- Proven ability to identify prospects and build long-term relationships.
- Strong team mentality, with proven ability to work across and organization and lead people with success.
- Excellent client relationship management skills including influencing and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including senior management. Ability to communicate complex concepts to a broad audience
- Flexibility in adjusting to new, different and changing business requirements and decisions
- Results-oriented, focused on delivering results, and relentless commitment to win
- Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor in a sales environment
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Well organized and disciplined with regards to policy, procedure and standards.
- Must have strong presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills; history of frequent customer facing with strong work ethic
- Strong Knowledge of PC based computer applications including Microsoft office products.
- Proficient in using CRM systems, such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel across US & Canada
- Preferred location is to be within commuting distance to Philadelphia, PA
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.