MIAMISBURG, OH , UNITED STATES
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting manufacturing process improvements, making a significant contribution to the strategic goal of quality improvement. This role will report to the site Quality Manager and will lead continuous efforts in meeting quality, cost, and on-time delivery while assuring customer expectations and supplier quality management. This tole is also responsible for supporting and maintaining the site Quality Management System to meet ISO9001:2015 and AS9100C implementation.
- Plan and manage product quality, product qualification, and design validation;
- Process analysis and improvement through the implementation of statistical tool and Six Sigma methodology;
- Lead and participate in specific production yield improvement projects;
- Participate and contribute in New Product Introduction Process and understand specification development and verification upon transition to production;
- Carry out failure analysis on customer returns and work with the customer to resolve quality issues;
- Partner with suppliers to carry our failure analysis and ensure supplier corrected the issues and prevent re-occurrence;
- Assist in training and maintenance of the site Quality Management Systems: ISO9001:2015 and the implementation of maintenance of AS9100C;
- Coordinator for the site's Corrective and Preventative action process including proper closure and root cause analysis.
- Support and where applicable conduct internal and external audits.
- Quality performance analysis and reporting (suppliers and customers).
- Lead Material Review Board and disposition of Non-Conforming Materials.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Industrial, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred with experience in a manufacturing and/or regulatory environment;
- A minimum of ten (10) years' of experience will be considered. Background in Aviation, Space and Defense manufacturing environment (an asset);
- Formal training in statistical techniques in a manufacturing environment with Six Sigma training and certification is highly desired;
- Ability to take responsibility for quality of all products including assembly, testing and yields. Understanding and familiar design control processes including: design history files, manufacturing process instructions, MRB, failure analysis and corrective/preventive actions and verification testing;
- Knowledge and experience with continuous improvement techniques such as Lean Enterprise, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc. is desirable;
- Experience with NPI process management and product quality planning is a plus. Experience working with supplier quality management is desirable;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in MS Office and MS Project is preferred;
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer and or ASQ certified Black Belt is beneficial;
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation