SUMMARY: The Change Management Services Manager will be responsible for leading IT Change and Release management processes under the IT Services Management framework (ITSM). He/She will be accountable for release planning, change implementation, coordination of release package testing with Testing Areas, and verification and post deployment review for all environments. This function will work with multiple business lines to ensure the Change Control Process is followed and that risks, impact, procedures, tasks, and related information are properly documented, recorded, analyzed, and approved, policed by a sound governance process focused on driving process compliance. This role will ensure the use of standardized methods and procedures for the proper handling of all Technology Infrastructure and Application related changes across the Enterprise, in order to minimize the (business) impact of changes to the environment. Preferred exposure to the Agile framework and experience on DevOps environment. Ultimately, this role will contribute to the maturity of the IT Change and Release Management process aligned to the ITIL framework.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Manages the IT Application and Infrastructure change requests approvals and the scheduled releases into the production environment.
- Coordinates Change Management activities across the organization.
- Responsible for the delivery of effective change management by consistent application of the change management process and the correct integration of tools, platforms, applications and resources.
- Schedules and leads meetings for the change management process including Chang Approval Board (CAB) lead review and other change scheduling requirements.
- Monitors the day-to-day use of standardized methods and procedures for change and release management.
- Ensures change requests go through the appropriate processes before they are committed to the release plan, guaranteeing that change and release implementation artifacts are complete and meet process requirements and standards.
- Oversees the coordination of release package testing, verification and post deployment review.
- Responsible for release planning of the acceptance, performance, training, and production environments.
- Oversees development of communications and communicates to all stakeholders regarding releases into the acceptance, performance, training, and production environments.
- Serves as the central point of contact for changes and releases into the acceptance, performance, training, and production environments.
- Mitigates competing priorities applicable to release plans, working with stakeholders.
- Reviews, Improves and matures the Change Management Process as needed. Plans and implements process best practices.
- Creates, implements and Manages policies, standards and governance and ensures process integrity.
- Manages critical success factors (CSFs) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develops and provides change management metrics and reports.
- Ensures organizational understanding and adoption of process activities.
- Develops processes for managing conflicts between different change activities.
- Monitors the day-to-day use of standardized methods and procedures for configuration management in order to reduce the risk associated with changes to the production environment.
- Assists with root cause determination for incidents triggered by changes with the objective to achieve Change Success Ratio (CSR) goals.
- Defines and enforces change and release standards to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Participates in audit activities as dictated by Internal Controls or an external party such as PCI.
- Collaborate with ongoing projects, aligned to an agile environment.
- Remains current on industry practices, equipment and standards.
- Provides technical support for the change management process.
- Participates in all contingency planning and disaster recovery, as applicable.
- Serves as the primary technical contact for technical staff in resolving problems and/or unusual situations encountered with the change management process.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of all technologies including operating systems, end-user computing tools, hardware, application software, configuration, network and mainframe communications.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of regulatory/compliance requirements, trends and developments. (e.g. COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, GLBA, FFIEC).
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of change, configuration, and release management processes within the ITIL framework. This includes technology enablement and automation, process governance, measurement and audit, and continual process improvement.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of application build and deploy methodology, software distribution, implementation and verification.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of IT service management (ITSM/ITIL), including service delivery lifecycle.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of designing, developing and implementing a federated configuration management database.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of requirements analysis activities to identify criteria for configuration items (CI) and relationships between CIs.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of clients' business and the impacts of change, release, and configuration management services on those businesses.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of information technology architecture and strategy.
- Solid knowledge of Agile framework and experience in a DevOps environment.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer service and vendor management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work with employees and management at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor's degree, supplemented with ten (10) years related work experience, which includes two (3-5) years of practical experience in IT change management, and release management.
COMMUNICATION/LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak, read and write in the English language. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and compute rate, ratio, and percent; and to draw and interpret bar graphs. An understanding of higher mathematical concepts may be required for specific departments.
REASONING AND ANALYSIS ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: ITIL Foundation certification in service management required. ITIL practitioner certification in change management, and release management is preferred. Scrum master certification is preferred.