At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
World Fuel Services, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Principal Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining high levels of availability of all Server, Storage and Systems consisting of a large complex enterprise system platform built on industry best practices and leading hardware and software technologies.
The Principal Engineer role is part of the Platform and Networks team and helps maintain the production, disaster recovery, and regional data-centers as part of a global Agile team for the entire organization. The candidate must volunteer ideas, share technical information and participate in projects with the team. The engineer is expected to resolve issues efficiently, professionally, and in compliance with our established corporate computer standards and procedures.
You are a right fit if you are a self-motivated team member who is eager to learn and grow within an agile IT organization. You are curious about Public Cloud services and Cloud Infrastructure (DNS, Networking, VPC, EC2, Lambda, Ansible, etc...), cloud/infrastructure automation, and closely follow enhancements in the cloud industry.
- General knowledge of Public Cloud services, including AWS EC2 and S3
- Design, implementation, and management of typical enterprise system technologies (i.e. AD, ADFS, SSO, MFA, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Clustering, DFS, GPO, Print and file shares, WSUS, etc.)
- Demonstrable efficiency in at least three of the following platforms
- Microsoft Server Environments
- Linux/Unix Server Environments
- Cloud Solutions SaaS/PaaS/IaaS (O365 Suite, Azure, and AWS Solutions)
- Virtualization Hypervisors (VMware and Hyper-V)
- Scripting using PowerShell and Ansible
- Monitoring and Logging Platform Solutions
- General efficiency with enterprise systems management/monitoring
- General efficiency on Cloud based solutions like AWS, Azure and others
- Ability to demonstrate project management awareness and coordinate/collaborate on tasks within the team and across third party vendors.
Desired skills and certifications:
- AWS certifications or equivalent experience is preferred
- Virtualization (Vmware/HyperV)
- MCSE certifications or equivalent experience is preferred
- Knowledge of SAN technologies (i.e. NetApp)
Minimum education and experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in enterprise systems environment
- Bachelor degree in engineering, information technology, or related discipline (significant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Awareness in industry best practices for systems security and design
- Expert at diagnostic and problem resolution
- Highly organized and able to manage vendors and contract resources
- Highly creative and innovative technologist that thrives in a team environment
- Excellent verbal communications and written documentation skills are required