Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach is a brand-new oceanfront hotel that debuted on Miami Beach in June 2014. This upscale, Art Deco style ten-story hotel is located on famous Collins Avenue at 63rd Street and includes Cabana style buildings and 119 feet of beach front property – offering direct access to the Atlantic Ocean. Convenient to all that South Florida has to offer, the hotel offers 231 brand-new guestrooms with modern amenities plus chic onsite facilities.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections, as well as assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
- Inspect Room Attendant's work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
- Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants' carts are clean and restocked.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
- Maintain key control.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found“ according to the standards.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants' carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward to Engineering. Follow through on each work order until completed.
- Assist with training of Housekeeping staff.
- Ensure completion of cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College course work in related field helpful.
- At least two to three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.