Restaurant Brands International Inc. (“RBI”) is one of the world’s largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $30 billion in system-wide sales and over 26,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories. RBI owns three of the world’s most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, and POPEYES®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for over 40 years.
This position is responsible for all equipment projects for Burger King. The type of projects will vary from support, growth, and innovation. Growth projects focus on improving the ROI for our franchisees by impacting both upfront opening cost and topline sales growth. For Innovation projects the Manager may focus on one or more of these areas and determines successful projects by the following criteria: the product, process, or equipment is approved; must be easy to implement in the restaurants globally; and positively impacts Franchisee profitability, Guest Satisfaction, Restaurant Efficiency.
This position interacts with a wide range of individuals and teams including but not limited to restaurant team members, multi-unit managers, restaurant owners, equipment manufacturers, internal cross functional teams such as operations, marketing, supply chain, development and the leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Improve restaurant operations and profitability globally through managing a team responsible for sourcing, developing, testing, reporting and continuous upgrade of equipment and suppliers for the system worldwide. Consult with cross functional and leadership teams to finalize in restaurant solutions.
- Analyzes current product, procedure, and equipment performance for improvement opportunities
- Develops Field Operations Tests for theories and conclusions arising from the data feedback on current products, procedures, and equipment
- Analyzes and consults with multiple departments and suppliers on the test results and findings from Field Operations Tests
- Coordinates Research and Development testing, management, and crew implementation efforts in test restaurants
- Recommends course of action from the results and findings of Field Operations Tests
- Coordinates the efforts and direction of multiple Field Operations Tests with constant regard to time and budget constraints
- Work closely with the Global Supply team, Procurement, Product Innovation, and Ops R&D to develop and maintain consistent high standards for system wide delivery of equipment and kitchen layout standards.
- Apply existing and new solutions in creative ways to address complex issues and problems
- Address clients’ needs by understanding their objectives and providing analytical solutions to address those needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, or chemical preferred)
- 2 to 4 years of prior work experience in Technical Project Management
- 2 to 4 years of experience in equipment or operations in the food service industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills are needed to support US and international operations
- Project related travel for approximately 4 cumulative weeks per year, primarily in continental US & Canada with occasional travel outside North America
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.