Road Foreman I/II - 90206558 - Miami (Miami, Florida, US, 33147)
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
This position is a tiered position. Incumbents will have a position level assigned based on their skills and experience, and in alignment with position development plans. Position placement is at Amtrak’s sole and absolute discretion.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Road Foreman manages engine and train service crews to ensure the safe and efficient operation of locomotives and trains in specific areas.
- Responsibilities include providing leadership, mentoring and guidance to engineers.
- Oversee operation in coordination with the road trainmaster in compliance with rules and regulations.
- Ensures bulletins, equipment, postings, etc. adhere to labor, federal and Amtrak regulations.
- Monitor employees for compliance with policies and operating practices.
- Initiate action for non-compliance in consistent and fair manner.
- Manage employees and train operations to optimize OTP and make recommendations to improve performance,
- Respond to service disruptions within area of responsibility.
- Implement safety plans.
- Provide written & oral reports
- Interview, select & manage new-hire locomotive engineers • Manage and oversee locomotive engineer certification requirements.
- Administer engineer recertification courses and operating rules classes,
- Conduct efficiency tests, ensure compliance and maintain employee records.
- Ensure engine crews attend training classes, documenting and reporting training; communicate with carrier railroad managers regarding territoryoperations.
- Manage crew base budget for locomotive engineers.
- High school diploma or GED High school equivalency diploma.
- Certified class I train service engineer. Minimum of 2 years operating experience, with no violations described in CFR 49 part 240.117, as train service engineer and/or as road foreman.
- Qualified as a designated supervisor of locomotive engineers. Qualified on physical characteristics of territory.
- Demonstrated business and financial management experience.
- Prior satisfactory work experience in train or passenger service.
- 3+ years experience as a train service crewmember or Train Director/Dispatcher.
- Qualified on physical characteristics of territory.
- Demonstrated business and financial management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Working knowledge of Amtrak policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft software; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation, business or related field or equivalent work experience, training, and/or education.
- Five years experience as Locomotive Engineer.
- Five years experience as a train service crew member or Train Director/Dispatcher.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CFR 49 requirements and labor contracts (BLE, UTU and TCU).
- Five years supervisory experience, leading and managing others with different levels of expertise
- Five years experience with train operation, crew base, crew management, operations, train handling and service delivery.
- Ability to develop and manage an operating budget.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || Railroad Operations