The Furniture Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales, protection plan (Worrynomore), return rate and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis while demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The associate is also responsible for followup/clienteling and performing other duties as necessary.
- Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions (SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS).
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and professionally.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture selection which includes both product and services such as WorryNoMore.
- Offer to call other locations if items are unavailable within store.
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience.
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return rate goal.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores.
- Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales.
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery experience.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket University.
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery and signing.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to proactively reach out to potential customers.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team in a competitive commission environment.
- Organization and excellent follow up skills required.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.