Provides routine patient care, care coordination, and primary prevention interventions under the direction of the ARNP, Physician, and/or Manager/Director. Performs health screenings, plans, implements and documents the appropriate plan of care; reports patient's conditions to healthcare team and families; and provides appropriate education to students and families. Delegates appropriate tasks to the TCT LPN team and ensure all team activities are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Works with TCT team to promote health and wellness in Miami Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS) in according to the guidelines and requirements of the hospital and TCT.
- This position is for The Children's Trust grant. Must be willing to visit schools located from Homestead to Adventura. Schedule is Monday - Friday during school hours *
Minimum Job Requirements
- CPR: Healthcare Provider.
- Level II finger printing background (as per department only).
- RN license to practice in the state of Florida.
- Current AHA First Aide certification required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules, plans, and assists in completing and documenting required screenings. Coordinates with school health team appropriate interventions based on screenings.
- Ensures all student records are reviewed by the clinic team annually and implementing & delegating appropriate interventions. Keeps all registries up to date.
- Enters appropriate interventions and documents at minimum once annually and as required in the student's CUMMS school.
- Performs assessments of students seeking care in the health clinic. Plans and implements plan of care using protocols and documents POC collaborating with other disciplines/services.
- Communicates with ARNP/Physician on patient's progress and documents all student visits to the clinic in the appropriate formats.
- Identifies all students with chronic conditions and initiates contact with family. Collaborates to implement POC established by the care team and family. Plans record transfers.
- Ensures clinics are maintained according to all regulatory requirements including monitoring and documentation of all requirements.
- Administers medication as ordered, adhering to all appropriate agency's policies and procedures. Provides training as indicated for teachers and staff.
- Plans and implements educational programs for students and staff on as indicated by the school's educational calendar and determined by TCT leadership team.
- Participates in quality assurance programs established by regulatory agencies and TCT leadership team. Attends staff meetings as scheduled by TCT leadership team.
- BSN preferred, required for certain school positions
- Basic computer knowledge to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior pediatric experience preferred.
- Effective English and Spanish communication skills both verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency in medication calculations for administration.
- Knowledge of CDC and MDCPS Vaccine Schedule/Mandatory Vaccine Requirements.
- Ability to work well with TCT team, providing leadership and direction to LPN team members.
- Ability to uphold the standards established by MCH and The Children's Trust.