The Manager, Talent Relations is responsible for assisting in the overall expansion of new and developing on-air talent across Telemundo media's properties. The ideal candidate works directly with talent and within a team environment.
- Coordinate talent-related cross-promotional activities, which includes, but is not limited to, Telemundo O&O and Affiliate stations promotional appearances and third-party engagements (i.e., invitations to media industry events)
- Coordinate all internal talent requests
- Work closely with the Cross Promotion and In-Show Promotions team booking talent for daily shows and specials and in some instances fill in and lead efforts as needed.
- Arrange non-profit public appearances for talent to increase brand and talent awareness and to promote Telemundo's goodwill and corporate citizenship through civic responsibility.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community and public interest groups as it pertains to Telemundo talent.
- Provide support to the Talent Relations team in developing the strategic plan for attracting and developing talent to the Network and Studios.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with talent, producers, representatives, agents, managers, production staffs, media, and programming executives in order to ensure maximum brand awareness
- Monitor competitive environment via daily review of competitive/industry news, and interface with other departments and NBCUniversal TV channels on an as-needed basis.
- Work closely with the department head on budget issues and department calendar and companywide Talent Council efforts.
- Manage Talent Relations Coordinator and/or other team members as needed.
- Work on Award shows (i.e., Latin Billboards, Latin American Music Awards and third-party specials, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience talent and/or talent-related events
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Willingness to travel, both domestic and international travel, with short notice and on weekends
- Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
- Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States and travel abroad
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in the entertainment industry
- Familiarity with US Hispanic media
- Self-starter and able to work in an extremely fast-paced and high volume environment
- Exhibit strong interpersonal, writing, pitching, and presentation skills
- Experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews
- Have consumer and sports press contacts
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
- Proactive, master multi-tasker, creative and strategic thinking plus strong external and team communication skills
- Proven skills in launching shows, crisis management and interfacing with all levels of executives, talent and media
- Superior organization and innovative thinking
- Flexible work schedule with some late nights and weekend work required to cover tapings, shoots and events and frequent travel