Restaurant Brands International is looking for a Manager, Corporate Applications ( Web Development) to join our Information Technology Team based in Miami, FL.
Manager Corporate applications ( Web Development) will manage the web development function group for Corporate Applications team. This position leads and directs the work of others and ensuring the creation of compelling, effective and technically sound web applications for internal users and Franchisee users of quick service restaurant brands own by RBI.
The successful candidate will work with the Information Technology Team members and end users to analyze, architect/design, construct, test, implement, and support the web applications needed by the business. This includes both external and internal facing websites and web applications. This position will have opportunity to work with IT senior management and business team to develop and implement new web and intenet based technologies. Manager, corporate applications relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
RBI is one of the world’s largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $30 billion in system-wide sales and over 24,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories. RBI owns three of the world’s most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, and POPEYES®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for over 40 years.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the processes, technology, and tools used for custom web development.
- Manage, grow, and nurture a team of web development professionals, driving change management to keep pace with emerging technologies
- Manage web development in relation to testing, personalization, and process improvements.
- Oversee cross-functional technical projects and programs. These include; project/program definition, project management, business analysis, requirements gathering, resource planning, execution, release and post go-live support management
- Writing, updating, and maintaining programs, interfaces and software packages to support the business
- Participate and Lead design , code reviews, process improvement and develop standards
- Manages back-end and front-end web projects, including architecture, approach and management of the Web Development Team deliverables
- Consult with management and users to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Manager vendor relationships and work as vendor liaison for all related software and services
- Ensure adherence to IS standards and principles, as well as compliance with Information Systems process related to audit and SOX controls
- Work with the business to understand requirements and create functional and technical specification.
- Promote and guide developers to create good quality code and documentation for the projects and support
- Education Requirement (if applicable)
- Degree Requirement (if applicable)
- Prior years of experience (if applicable)
- Other Proficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Experience in design and implementation of Portals and social media/collaboration technologies
- Development Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices incluing the full software development life cycle, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practice
- Project execution skills including estimating and executing on committed schedules
- Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
- Experience in organizing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
- Ability to work well with internal and external partners, juggle competing demands and good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional customer support
- Ability to manage operations and drive excellence in maintaining and supporting critical systems
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills :
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience managing remote team members highly preferred
- Certification in project management, Microsoft, ITIL, Java is plus
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.