GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH), we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We're continually seeking top talent who are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the NCLH family!
If you're interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
With a combined current fleet of 26 ships with approximately 54,400 berths, these brands of NCLH offer itineraries to more than 450 destinations worldwide.
NCLH will introduce eleven (11) additional ships through 2027. Our combined brands employ over 30,000 shipboard crew from over 110 different countries.
So as our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Lighting Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of Entertainment Lighting Systems for all shows. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on lighting systems, while assisting other technicians with scenery changovers and maintenance.
- Maintain the lighting design as set by the design teams & Norwegian Cruise Line.
- In the event that production show lighting design needs to be modified for operational circumstances, notes must be taken so that the show can be returned to the original lighting design.
- Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Design and program a professional high standard lighting for cabaret/variety entertainers, charter clients, shows, (such as Comedian, Magician, Singers etc.)
- Maintain up to date auditable inventory of all entertainment as requested by Technical Supervisor.
- Performs maintenance testing and basic troubleshooting of lighting rig prior to show time and inform Technical Supervisor/Entertainment Production Manager of any malfunction.
- Creates and maintains detailed and accurate Tracking Sheets to Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager.
- Pyrotechnic Lead
- Keep all records of on-board and offloaded product.
- Order all products for the next voyage.
- Manifest off all of the previous week's pyro storage containers, misfires, and unfired devices.
- Test and Fire all shows in the manner as they were designed by the production team.
- Partner with the Bridge and Security to provide a safe and secure environment in which to operate the show.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Two years experience running lights in a theatrical setting or four years experience in various venues such as ships, theatres clubs.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Musical theatre productions, backstage operations and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of moving lights programming and design including Various Martin Products. (for example Mac600, Mac2k, Mac250krypton, Mac500, MAC TW1) Various laser systems including Pangolin. Various High End products (for example DL1, catalyst etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of various light systems which include Martin Maxxyz Compact, Light Jockey, Maxxyz PC, Mac 2000, Mac III, Mac 250, 550,101,301, Seachangers, Color scrollers, High-end DL1's, various Lasers, Dataton Watch out systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Audio systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Associates Degree in Technical Theatre or a related field of study
- Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50+ year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably, Norwegian revolutionized the cruise industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation on their schedule with no set dining times, a variety of entertainment options and no formal dress codes. Today, Norwegian invites guests to enjoy a relaxed, resort- style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea with a wide variety of accommodations options, including The Haven by Norwegian®, a luxury enclave with suites, private pool and dining, concierge service and personal butlers. Norwegian Cruise Line sails around the globe, offering guests the freedom and flexibility to explore the world on their own time and experience up to 27 dining options, award-winning entertainment, superior guest service and more across all of the current 16 ships.
Oceania Cruises is the world's leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line's six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 450 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days. Oceania Cruises has recently announced an order for two new ships, scheduled for delivery in 2022 and 2025. The two 67,000 gross ton Allura-Class ships will each accommodate approximately 1,200 guests.
REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES:
Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers the industry's most inclusive luxury experience aboard its all-suite fleet. A voyage with Regent Seven Seas Cruises includes all-suite accommodations, round-trip air, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, unlimited internet access, sightseeing excursions in every port, gratuities, ground transfers and a pre-cruise hotel package for guests staying in concierge-level suites and higher. In early 2020, Regent will perfect luxury with the launch of Seven Seas Splendor. Additionally, Regent recently announced an additional order for a 750-guest ship that will be the sister ship to Seven Seas Explorer and Seven Seas Splendor, scheduled for delivery in late 2023.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.