Requisition No: 95742
Agency: Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle
Working Title: HSMV COMPLIANCE EXAMINER - 76002374
Position Number: 76002374
Salary: $30,042.84 (CAD Included) Annually
Posting Closing Date: 12/09/2019
Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Division of Motorist Services
Bureau of Dealer Services
In order to be considered for this position, applicant responses to the qualifying questions, software systems, actual work experience , years of employment and hours worked per week must be clearly defined within your work history, or the application may not be considered for the position.
HSMV Compliance Examiner
Note: In addition to the base salary above, this position receives a competitive area differential (CAD) salary additive in the amount of $105.73 monthly.
Contact Person: Lumaris Ramirez (786) 804-4180
Who are we?
At the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) we are committed to providing highway safety and security through excellence in service, education and enforcement. With a workforce of approximately 4,500 employees throughout the state, the Department is leading the way to A Safer Florida through the efficient and professional execution of its core mission: the issuance of driver licenses, vehicle tags and titles, and operation of the Florida Highway Patrol.
What will I be doing?
This is a highly responsible position within the Bureau of Dealer Services. This position investigates consumer complaints filed against mobile home, recreational vehicle and motor vehicle dealers/dealerships and is responsible for preparing administrative cases. Additionally, this position conducts record inspections of franchised and independent motor vehicle, mobile home and recreational dealers. Compliance Examiners assist existing and prospective dealers with the licensing process and inspects all initial dealer locations within an assigned territory. The incumbent enforces laws related to titles, registrations, and liens with Florida licensed dealers and verifies vehicle identification numbers.
- Professional work experience composing, drafting, or preparing written correspondence
- One or more years of professional customer service experience dealing with customer complaints inquiries and/or problem resolution
- Professional work experience investigating and/or researching and compiling information
Position Related Requirements:
This position requires the incumbent to have and maintain a valid driver's license in good standing. A driver's license history review will be conducted on all candidates in consideration for the position.
Out-of-town travel and occasional overtime are required (including Saturday and Sunday).
This position works in both controlled indoor environments, as well as, outdoors (exposed to weather and inside enclosed vehicles or equipment) and requires standing for extended periods of time, kneeling, crouching, stooping, crawling, bending, climbing and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Incumbents will be required to wear a division uniform.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knowledge of automotive parts and repairs.
- Skill operating personal computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Skill in dealing with customers from varied backgrounds in stressful public contact situations effectively and efficiently in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Skill collecting and reviewing data.
- Skill performing investigative work.
- Skill in understanding, interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Skill in preparing accurate and complete written reports.
- Skill evaluating applications for licensure or permitting.
- Skill preparing correspondence.
- Knowledge of the Florida Real-Time Vehicle Information System (FRVIS).
- Ability to handle cash, make correct change and follow money handling procedures.
- Skill in recording information and maintaining tracking logs.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Our Benefits include:
- Annual and Sick Leave Package
- Nine Paid Holidays
- State Health and Life Insurance
- Educational Benefits
- Contributory Retirement Plan
To learn more about DHSMV and why it's a great place to work, visit our website at: flhsmv.gov/careers.
The elements of the selection process may include a skill assessment and/or oral interview.
Applicants being considered for employment will be required to submit to a fingerprint-based background investigation, which will include a check of the criminal history records of the FBI.
The process for selecting applicant(s) for this position could take up to six months. Following the six-month period, a new application must be submitted to an open advertisement in order to be considered for that vacancy.
HSMV employees are paid once a month on the last workday of each month. All state employees are required to participate in the direct deposit program pursuant to s. 110.113 Florida Statutes.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Miami