Summary: Primarily responsible for managing dispatch personnel and the timely delivery of concrete from plant locations to job sites according to customer requests and expectations while using the most efficient and cost effective processes possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine the most appropriate staffing level of dispatchers to meet projected sales demands.
- Manage dispatch personnel including scheduling to ensure the timely distribution and delivery of concrete according to customer needs and requirements.
- Provide information and training to dispatch employees to ensure timely and accurate feedback to customers and plant locations.
- Maintain upkeep and maintenance of company data equipment, including telephones, are in good working order
- Work closely with sales team to ensure equipment availability and utilization for specific projects and jobs.
- Analyze and reviews yardage and delivery reports to ensure optimum asset utilization.
- Handle customer questions and problems as needed.
- Communicate with mixer drivers, plant managers, production managers and operations manager on a frequent and regular basis to avoid or address issues, concerns or problems.
- Monitor mixer truck status on a constant basis to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum equipment and labor utilization.
- Work closely with operations to ensure drivers are in compliance with local, state and federal safety and DOT guidelines and regulations.
- Oversee the order entry process and monitor accuracy, customer service, and professionalism.
- Attend sales meetings to get/give information regarding scheduling of plants and equipment to meet customer needs.
- Review and check orders for accuracy and optimal yard location
- Visit remote dispatch locations to audit policies, procedures and processes and observe; attend pre-pour meetings with customers and sales.
- Communicate with plant, production and operations managers daily to advise of mixer driver start and finish times.
- Coordinate training/orientation in dispatch function for new hires.
- Handle special circumstances with customer dissatisfaction issues
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum five years of work experience required (construction or concrete industry experience preferred) with a minimum of two years in a dispatch role.
- Have extensive knowledge of DOT regulations in regards to driver hours of service.
- Experience as a concrete mixer driver is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English and Spanish.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple competing tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience working with computer hardware.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to work with basic mathematics to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (including fractions)
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret maps, road instructions, manuals, rules, regulations, and directions.
Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Varying start times and hours dependent on business needs. Some weekend work required.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move at least 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.