Assistant Food & Beverage Manager - Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami International Airport is looking to welcome an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager to join the team! Our suites are five minutes from Miami International Airport via our free shuttle. PortMiami and Dolphin Mall are within 20 minutes, and we’re a 12-minute drive from Downtown Miami attractions.
The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years' experience working in hospitality and/or restaurants in a supervisory role.
Scheduling- Flexible, FT scheduling, AM/PM shifts.
What are the benefits of working for Hilton?*
Hilton is proud to support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
· Go Hilton travel program: 100 nights of discounted travel
· Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
· Hilton Shares: Our employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount!
· Maternity and parental leave, including 12 weeks of paid leave for birthing parents and four weeks of paid leave for eligible Team Members, including partners and adoptive parents
· Debt-Free Education: Team Members will have access to a wide variety of educational credentials through our partnership with Guild Education, including: college degrees and professional certifications
· Flexible shifts and days off
· Comprehensive Health Insurance coverage for you and your family, including Telemedicine and at-home care via AmazonCare
· Mental health resources including free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program
· Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 401K plan and company match to help save for your retirement
*Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment
What will I be doing?
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager role is an exciting opportunity to gain more experience, oversee and organize the activities and services of a hotel food and beverage outlet (restaurant, lounge, room service, coffee shop, etc.). In addition, you will be heavily involved in overseeing the set-up and clean-up of food and beverage during banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. You will have the opportunity to lead and grow across two disciplines and showcase your passion for hospitality! Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise food and beverage service throughout banquet functions to ensure quality service and product quality
- Assist with the planning, organizing and execution of all banquet functions including, but not limited to, breakfast, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Greet and welcome client representative and guests, responding to requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Participate in and lead department meetings
- Process banquet checks accurately and efficiently for payment
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
- Manage all outlet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of outlet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!