Room Reservationist/Front Desk
Resumen del trabajo
The Room Reservationist is responsible for handling reservations in a friendly and efficient manner and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue and average rate according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards. He/she is also responsible for participating in the monthly Rooms Merchandising meeting.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly in a friendly efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to answer guest inquiries about hotel services facilities and hours of operation.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard company rate quoting scenario at all times.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Continually update Central Reservations on rates and availability maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations to include V.I.P. reservations packages and discounts.
- Compile and input all necessary information for the required Rooms Merchandising meetings.
- Promptly efficiently and accurately book and block rooms using Aimbridge Hospitality guidelines for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
- Attend Rooms Merchandising meetings and give input on trends and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Employees must at all times be friendly helpful and courteous to guests managers and all their fellow employees.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Reservations Manager and/or Guest Services Manager of sold out nights group ceiling status and possible problem situations.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Be able to perform all duties of Reservations Agent and assist as needed at front desk.
Resumen de la empresa
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan