Terranova, one of South Florida’s premier commercial Real Estate Firms is looking for a Property Accountant to add to their growing team! This position is available for IMMEIDATE HIRE!!!
Are you up for the challenge If so, join an industry leader and make a difference!
We offer competitive compensation, paid time off, paid holidays, benefits, and more!
The Property Accountant is responsible for all accounting activities and analysis for a portfolio of commercial properties. Performs month end close, financial statement preparation, and completes cash flow analysis. This person will interact with operations to analyze capital improvements and to ensure that expenditures are within budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Perform month end close activities; prepare financial statements and schedules for assigned client’s properties.
· Review general ledger accounts for accuracy and prepare monthly journal entries.
· Bank reconciliations for all assigned properties; Reconcile tenant accounts as necessary.
· Prepare budgets for each assigned property; complete monthly budget to actual analysis.
· Prepare cash projections for each property.
· Operating expense reconciliation’s for assigned client(s) properties.
· Participate in property meetings for all assigned properties.
· Monthly tenant rent calculations.
· All other assignments as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- G/L accounting experience.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet packages - MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well within a group, as well as the ability to utilize sound judgment and to work independently to resolve issues.
- MRI & Yardi experience A MUST.
- Proficient with modern computer systems and software including Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines and handle a high volume of work accurately.