Patient Care Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant - FT, PT, and Per Diem Positions Available
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for sharp, enthusiastic, professionals to become part of the energy here at Mount Sinai. The Patient Care Technician will join our Nursing Team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
- Assists in preparation of the unit and patient rooms from receiving admissions, transfers, and post-operative patients.
- Uses proper body mechanics when positioning, lifting, turning and ambulating patients. Applies and uses appropriate equipment as needed.
- Understands and implements the measures used to reduce the risk of health associated infections.
- Reports any changes observed in the condition or behavior of the patient to the LPN/Registered Nurse in a timely manner.
- Assists with the admission, transport, transfer and discharge of patients. Provides catheters care daily and/or as needed. Reports any pertinent observations to LPN/RN.
- Accurately takes vital signs and records in patient record promptly. Reports to LPN/RN promptly.
- Obtains and labels specimens accurately, I.e. sputum, stool, urine, maintaining precautions at all times.
- Prepares patients for surgery and/or other procedures, including prep and clip, vital sign taking and recording, assisting patient with bathing and/or voiding, and removing and securing dentures, jewelry and other belongings.
- Weigh patients as assigned; records weights and alerts RN to any weight gain/loss.
- Makes frequent patient rounds at least every two (2) hours. Reposition s for comfort and offers bathroom assistance.
- Assists RN with post-mortem care, including labeling and securing of all patient valuables.
- Provides patient care as directed by licensed nurse to include but not limited to: enemas, sitz baths, applying and removing ice bags, k-pads, binders and/or pelvic/buck's traction, blood glucose monitoring and simple dress changes
Are you a returning applicant?Previous Applicants:Email:Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.