Req Number: 36130
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Responsibilities include maintaining all equipment, systems and building components including, but not limited to; mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint, wall coverings, tile and other equipment.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Build, repair, and paint all parts of the hotel.
- Install and replace lighting fixtures and bulbs.
- Clean carpets and rugs.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Fabricate and repair furniture and fixtures.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Paint corridors, hotel rooms, and lobby areas when necessary.
- Transport heavy boxes and packages within the hotel for maintenance and repairs.
- Assist in delivering and setup of all new equipment such as televisions, mattresses, tables, chairs, etc.
- Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor on projects as assigned.
- Respond to all customer requests in a timely and personable manner.
What You Bring
- Previous experience as a hotel engineer is preferred or comparable maintenance experience at an establishment such as apartment complex or office building.
- Painting, electricity, plumbing, repairs, etc. is recommended.
- Some excessive lifting, bending, walking are physical requirements.
- Schedule dependability, professional communication, and positive attitude are important!
- Flexible schedule, able to work overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel