Guest Service Agent (Temporary)
Req Number: 31243
** Discounted Parking and Employee Meals Available! **
What You'll Do
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for registration and check-out, PBX operations, mail and message service all the while providing outstanding service to our guests along the way. You'll act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as needed.
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Overnight) checklist by end of shift.
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS, repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed lost & found report.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Verify credit limit report.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel using yield management system.
- Attend department meeting once a month.
- Communicate by telephone and/or radio with other departments: Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, and Valet.
What You Bring
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous experience in a Front Desk or customer-facing role is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and events.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time.
- Familiar with hotel systems and operations, and the ability to enter in information accurately.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Angler's Hotel