Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
Check guest in and check out, ensuring proper credit is received, special requests are noted and fulfilled, and accurate information is established
Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests
Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
all room rates, special packages and promotions.
daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
room availability status for any given day.
scheduled daily group activities.
Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies and Keep bank secure at all times.
Answer department telephone within specified amount of rings determined by property guidelines, using
Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
Interact with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
Communicate all pertinent information to the Front Office Managers and supervisors
- All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
- Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
- Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates.
- Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Significant portions of day require prolonged standing and moving around. Ability to visually review documents and computer screen throughout day.
Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time during course of shift.
Significant portions of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Responsible for operating within hotel safety guidelines, including the safe and responsible operation of hotel equipment. Reports and addresses safety concerns as they arise. Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with hotel and department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required. Some college or college degree preferred. Degree in hospitality management preferred.
Two years experience in a service industry, preferably in the hospitality industry
Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills:
Ability to utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.
Have a smooth, clear, and professionally courteous communication skills
Licenses or Certifications:
Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.