“IF YOU CREATE THE STAGE SETTING AND IT IS GRAND, EVERYONE WHO ENTERS WILL PLAY THEIR PART.“
- Morris Lapidus
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus - a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. Guests are invited to enter a world where they are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax - however they define a perfect day. Situated on oceanfront Collins Avenue in the heart of Millionaire's Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is one of the most historically and architecturally significant hotels on Miami Beach. Opened in 1954 and designed by Morris Lapidus, it was the most luxurious hotel on Miami Beach, and is thought to be the most significant building of Lapidus' career.
Assist the Restaurant Manager in directing, coordinating, and administering food & beverage service operations to ensure profitability, quality standards and services, and guest satisfaction.
Examples of Duties, includes but is not limited to the following:
- Oversee the daily food and beverage service operations and ensure quality standards for foods.
- Monitor inventory levels, bar equipment, and other supplies as needed.
- Oversee and ensure the cleanliness of the establishments in accordance with state and local regulations.
- Recommend and administer food and beverage service procedures and service standards.
- Resolve guest concerns and implement resolutions to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Schedule labor force and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel.
- Ensure compliance by all food service personnel with Company and departmental rules, policies,and procedures.
- Plan, manage, and monitor work as well as hiring, communicating, coaching staff, and building relationships
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with style of cuisine and service established for concept. Familiarity with food service practices and procedures.
- Effective supervisory and communication skills.
- Well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Minimum of two years relevant food & beverage management experience in a high quality, high volume establishments.
- High school education or equivalent. College degree preferred.