The ADS Operations Coordinator will communicate, plan and execute activities of the Ashley Distribution Services (ADS) drivers to maximize productivity of assets and fleet utilization and attain scheduled delivery dates.
- Plan and assign loads departing the distribution center or connecting at remote lots or rail yard locations to attain scheduled deliveries.
- Determine fleet capabilities and the numbers of loads that will be consumed by the ADS Fleet or diverted to carriers.
- Maximize the fleet utilization by scheduling and securing loads that provide revenue or minimize expenses during periods of volatile shipping volume.
- Configure routes from orders received for geographical areas throughout North America on a time sensitive basis; place priority on the shipments as appropriate.
- Coordinate communication and activity with Customer Service, Shipping and other departments to optimize performance in scheduling and delivery. Communicate with drivers on work to be performed to assist with maximizing efficiency.
- Maintain, monitor, and update departure dates and times in software systems to provide accurate information and expectations.
- Maintain and schedule driver time off requests.
- Monitor and record issues with drivers and loads; offer recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.