With a focus on providing superior customer service, the produce clerk provides customers with product knowledge and the freshest and best quality produce, replenishing and rotating merchandise, filling refrigerated and non-refrigerated cases, and building colorful and attractive displays.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and the team.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise verifying orders, breaking down produce loads, positioning cases of product in the produce warehouse or walk-in cooler.
- Understanding proper product trimming, rotation, culling, crisping and watering techniques and procedures, ensuring product attractiveness and shelf life.
- Building attractive displays of produce, while maintaining proper product inventory levels.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept produce department.
- Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.