Requisition Number: 8THGR02268
The purpose is to teach the ELA standards as set forth by the Arizona Department of Education to students enrolled in our online school while using the content standards to teach the various subjects. Help students acquire the knowledge and skills set forth in these standards through courses built online using online resources that have been found through research and collaboration. It is the job of the teacher to monitor, motivate, manage, and teach online through email, phone, and virtual teaching sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and teach content and skills in middle school and high school ELA.
- Work with colleagues to determine which students need interventions and provide those interventions.
- Work with student and families to schedule needed interventions.
- Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Evaluates academic growth of students, prepares final grades, keeps appropriate records to include a teacher tracker, benchmark results, and other recordkeeping activities
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems.
- Adapts ELA material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson that guide and challenge students in the online environment.
- Develops courses and supplementary materials that align to the state standards.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive student-teacher interactions.
- Communicates with parents and school staff on student progress.
- Participates in faculty meetings and professional development (i.e. staff, PLC, SST or any other)
- Willing to travel to administers standardized testing in accordance with state and Sequoia testing practices.
- Develop courses within the Learning Management System by deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with the ELA team.
- Fully participates in all school initiatives, requirements and expectations.
- Can adapt curriculum as needed to meet the needs of special populations
- Able to manage several systems at one time within the virtual environment.
- 3 years teaching experience in classroom or online
- Must have strong content knowledge and understanding of the Arizona state standards
- Arizona (or reciprocal teaching) certificate, college transcripts to prove highly qualified status.
- Able to manage multiple tasks within short time frames, organize self and students to increase efficiency and effectiveness, possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and public
- Possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Confident user of technology
- Able to work from home, with access to high speed internet
- Must have a valid AZ DPS IVP fingerprint card.