Domestic Violence Case Manager - Weekends, Part-Time - East Valley
A New Leaf's Autumn House is a 24-hour crisis program for victims of domestic violence. Autumn House serves single individuals as well as adults with children who require temporary shelter and support as a result of violence in the home. Services include Crisis hotline, Information, referral assistance and resources, Basic needs assistance, Domestic violence education and safety planning, Empowerment through self-awareness classes, Case Management, Goal setting, and Advocacy and GED preparation, Employment Assistance, Financial Literacy.
Autumn House is seeking a part time Case Manager to work weekends.
SCHEDULE: 20 / hrs a week, Saturday, 11:30AM-9:30PM and Sunday, 10:30AM-8:30PM
PAY RATE: $13.00 / hour
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Attend and actively contribute to weekly staffing and training. Participate as a member of the Autumn House Administration Team.
- Facilitate groups for children and parents.
- Document and submit significant and routine paperwork as required by the program (i.e. progress notes, reports). Assist in preparation of specified treatment plans.
- Provide daily resourcing and referrals, acting as an advocate for clients.
- Perform initial assessments and assist in the completion of treatment plans on all children ages three (3) and over.
- Assist in the completion of discharge summaries on all children upon their departure from the program.
- Read client files and daily logs to assist with providing quality services as well as complete individual progress notes daily.
- Supervise support staff and volunteers in the Children's Center. Plan, organize, and supervise a routine activity calendar for the Children's Center.
- Participate in required client care supervision on a regular basis as required by state law.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have Domestic violence experience, knowledge of community resources and experience working with children; group facilitation experience preferred,
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Current auto liability insurance and a a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of standard office equipment, be proficient with personal computers and applicable software programs.
- Must have the ability to communicate appropriately in both verbal and written.
- Due to state licensing requirements, applicants must be a minimum 21 years of age.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those candidates with the experience and qualifications that correspond to our requirements may be contacted by a member of our hiring department.
Please wait to hear from us; do not call the Human Resources Department to check on the status of your application. NO PHONE CALLS. No Third Party or Temp Agencies.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of driving records, employment, education, and criminal background search. A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participa en el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Locations: Domestic Violence Shelter (DV), Mesa, AZ 85203
Pay Rate: $13.00 / hour
Pay Comments: All of our employees also enjoy the following benefits: Direct deposit, Competitive pay, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Annual Team member Appreciation Event, informal, yet professional team environment.