Accountant position utilizes experience and knowledge in the accounting field performing cost accounting activities, such as preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, analyzing and reporting monthly results, leading financial inventory activities and much more. This position will provide challenging opportunities for an individual seeking an accounting role that works across all functional levels of the business.
- Reconciliation of variance accounts, create monthly journal entries identified during the process.
- Perform quarterly inventory reviews for revenue recognition process. Create journal entries as required.
- Analyze WIP reconciliation for accuracy, aged orders, and coordinate resolution with company operations
- Review “Request-To-Adjust“ documents and create customer credit memos in accordance with company policy
- Reviews and analyzes, as directed, operating procedures and controls to ensure they are consistent with the business processes and operating effectively.
- Provide financial data and related information in support of external and internal audit activities.
- Work cross functionally with various functions across the business to ensure proper accounting transactions are being recorded.
- Provide general support to the functional operations and other site accountants as required.
- Assists in the coordination of maintaining Finance documents, records and reports to ensure compliance with the Records Retention Policy and to ensure adequate support of the reports and documents provided is maintained.
- Additional month end closing journal entries, reporting, and reconciliations as required
- Maintains and develops personal, professional, financial and general business skills through professional education. Remains aware of current industry developments and trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, goal oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive responsibilities
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work in team environment
- SAP skills a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.