Req Number: 6462
IT Intern - Client Services
Working under direct supervision of the Director Client Services, selecting from a variety of established procedures to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities, the Intern Client Services will be immersed in and assist with the IT Client Services team consisting of computer operations, help desk, desktop support and telephony support, accepting requests and responding to incidents through various intake channels including email, telephone and walk-up. The Intern will learn to capture end-user interactions succinctly, to assess symptoms and choose the best solution from organizational experience, provide technical support and mentoring to the end-user community and record the results of triage for escalation and / or root-cause determination for services provided to internal clients. The Intern provides "smart hands" for the organization in the deployment and maintenance of IT equipment. The Intern gains first-hand insight to the day-to-day processes and support functions related to IT Client Services operations. The Intern is encouraged to provide feedback for process improvement and is provided an educational/learn-by-doing opportunity to experience a front-line IT support organization and discover areas of interest and growth within the team
- Presently enrolled in an IT certificate or degree program at a college majoring in Information Technology or related field.
- Basic understanding of IT process and procedures.
- Minimal knowledge of hardware and software components to become successful in assisting users with their respective situations.
- Knowledge Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office, and other related technology.
- Ability to react quickly and accurately to assess the problems over the telephone or deskside.
- Ability to escalate if required, with well-documented prior triage results.
- Excellent written, communicational, organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to thrive
- in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven, team-oriented environment
- Problem solving with the ability to resolve issues quickly and to follow up appropriately.
- Aptitude for process improvement.
- Inquisitive with the ability to identify problems, and errors.
- Knowledge of hardware and software desktop office equipment is desired while the intern learns how to handle problem calls each day.
- Some knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting desired in order to walk the user through specific situations to the successful resolution of most issues.
- A keen interest in process improvement, automation and challenging the status quo with new ideas is desirable.
- Individual should be capable of accepting training and working within a fast paced work environment.