Requisition Number: BUSIN01487
CAMP Systems is the leading provider of aircraft compliance and health management services to the global business aviation industry. CAMP is the pre-eminent brand in its industry and is the exclusive recommended service provider for nearly all business aircraft manufacturers in the world. Our services are delivered through a “SaaS plus” model and we support over 20,000 aircraft on our maintenance tracking platform and over 31,000 engines on our engine health monitoring platform. Additionally, CAMP provides shop floor management ERP systems to over 1,300 aircraft maintenance facilities and parts suppliers around the world. CAMP has grown from a single location company in 2001, to over 1,000 employees in 13 locations around the world.
CAMP’s relationships with business aircraft manufacturers, aircraft maintenance facilities, and parts suppliers place it in a unique position to understand how current offline information flows in the business aviation industry to introduce friction to the global market for business aviation parts and services. CAMP is building a digital business that will streamline the exchange of parts and services and create substantial value for both CAMP and the aviation industry at large.
CONTINUUM Applied Technology, a division of CAMP, is the provider of the CORRIDOR software suite, which is one of the most widely used ERP systems for business aviation aircraft service centers. The CORRIDOR software suite is comprised of several modules, designed to enable aircraft service centers to manage almost every aspect of their business.
CAMP is an exciting company to work for, not only because of its future growth prospects, but also because of its culture. Smart, motivated people, who want to take initiative, are given the opportunity and freedom to make things happen. CAMP is part of the Hearst Business Media portfolio.
CAMP’s Business Analysts work daily with a team of product owners & managers as well as customers and subject matter experts to help define the requirements needed to deliver business value through innovative software solutions. The Business Analyst will research, document and communicate the business capabilities our customers need to be successful; they will assist in defining, grooming/clarifying, and managing the team’s backlog. Our Business Analysts will provide product owners and development teams context of how customers operate within our existing systems to help guide new application development.
- Understand and document the current product use cases and the varied ways customers implement them within the software.
- Understand and document the proposed/new product use cases and the varied ways customers implement them within the software.
- Collaborate with product managers and other stakeholders to drive product specifications, product design, and overall product direction
- Translate ideas and strategies into tangible product requirements in the form of themes, epics, and user stories
- Assist in prioritizing development backlog items based on product strategy, business value to the customer, implementation cost, and resource availability
- Assist in reviewing and demonstrate product functionality with customers and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in managing the responsibilities described above
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business, or marketing
- 2 to 3 years of software product related experience
- Welcomes solving problems with a positive attitude, teamwork and innovation
- An effective and persuasive communicator (written, verbal, presentation, e-mail, etc.), who is skilled at leading meetings and making presentations
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment - consulting frequently with team members to understand all issues, ideas, and suggestions
- Experience with agile and scrum processes and methods is highly desirable
- Experience writing formal business/functional requirements and user stories, creating mock-ups, etc.
- Strong customer and user intuition
- Must be able to grasp the big picture vision and have the drive to make that vision a reality
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts where information, resources, and priorities can change quickly, and where information must be readily digested and decisions made expeditiously
- Must be a proactive problem solver, innovator and able to handle multiple complex product features and tasks