General Summary: The SQT Specialist II is responsible for enforcing health and safety strategies for Track Utilities LLC. This includes organizational compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate health and safety regulations/requirements, the enforcement of and compliance with the internal corporate safety programs, aiding in tracking of safety process improvement, conducting employee safety meetings/trainings, and the enforcement of change required to maintain adherence to current changes in OSHA compliance requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field representative for SQT regarding SQT questions/concerns, compliance audits, behavioral observations and SQT coaching.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and high standards of performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety & quality programs.
- Perform investigations for accidents and injuries.
- Work to reduce employee loss time due to occupational injury or illness and to reduce the number of fraudulent worker's compensation claims.
- Respond to supervisory and employee inquiries regarding safety and quality issues for the purpose of investigating and/or recommending actions.
- Approximately 50% of duties requires travel
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Power Point and Excel
- Skilled at working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Skilled at developing and maintaining good working relationships with employees and Front Line Supervisors.
- Ability to train and audit to complex regulations and complex technologies or management systems and programs.
- Ability to enforce safety and health programs, procedures and practices consistent with OSHA, DOT, insurance carriers and customer requirements.
- Ability to conduct training protocols by description based on safety, quality, and health programs, procedures and practices consistent with OSHA, DOT, insurance carriers, Track, and customer requirements.
- Ability to enforce audit protocols to safety and quality programs.
- Ability to re-enforce a safety culture based upon modifying behaviors, including methods of improvement related to behavior based safety, near miss management, quality, claims review, post-accident investigation and adverse employee behavioral patterns.
- A minimum of one year of field experience at Track or comparable other employer is required.
- High School Diploma or GED - REQUIRED
- Previous safety and or training experience required
- CUSP is also preferred, but not required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Driver's License is required within two weeks of employment.
- Candidates must pass criminal and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) background checks, a Department of Transportation (DOT) regulated physical as a requirement of the job and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Track is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.“