- Schedules preventative maintenance appointments with customers.
- Performs all scheduled preventative maintenance services including fluid and filter maintenance within time requirement guidelines. Cycles all machine functions to ensure all preventative maintenance procedures performed correctly and completely.
- Performs schedule oil sampling (SOS) accurately and sends samples to lab.
- Identifies potential safety problems on all makes and types of construction equipment through walk around inspection and reports them to the supervisor and/or the customer.
- Uses web based STW, SIS, and ET effectively to obtain machine specifications. Performs all required tasks in accordance with procedures.
- Uses web based SIS effectively and orders parts required to complete repairs.
- Writes complete, factual service reports for files and warranty purposes using STW and keeps accurate records of preventative maintenance services completed for both the customer and the service department.
- Communicates machine issues and status of machine to customer and supervisor.
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to self-schedule and perform duties with minimal supervision required.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the public.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of proper fluid disposal and environmental practices.
- Ability to start and run machinery.
- Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Associates Degree or technical training from an accredited vocational school preferred.
- One year similar experience working on heavy equipment required. Caterpillar experience preferred.
- Must have a current CDL with acceptable driving record. Must meet DOT requirements.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs in accordance with Western States' Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.