Avalon Health Care is seeking an Infection Prevention LVN/RN to join our team!
The Infection Preventionist reports to the Director of Nursing and partners with the Corporate Infection Preventionist Director, Medical Director and other stakeholders. This position is part of the facility leadership team. Responsible for dissemination of infection prevention information, including surveillance data and policy compliance and tracking. Is also accountable for decreasing the incidence and transmission of infectious diseases between patients, staff, visitors, and the community. Serves as a team member on various committees.
Essential Functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
- Provides education to facility residents and employees on infection control protocols and trainingprograms
- Collects infection data, maintains records for each case of healthcare- associated infection
- Conducts outbreak investigations
- Trains clinical personnel on implementation of infection prevention practices
- Investigates incidents of infections and reports such incidents to the appropriate person/department, and identifies supplies required for infection prevention activities
- Responsible for the following:o The prevention and control of infection on a 24-hour basiso Providing the management of infectious patients/residents and other infection preventionissueso Conduct infection control risk assessment in conjunction with the facility and clinicalleadership teams and the Corporate Infection Preventionist Directoro Management of the facility annual infection prevention plano Evaluating the annual infection control plan for goal achievemento Conducting surveillance of infectionso Conducts audits regarding the implementation of and compliance with policieso Providing education and training
- Communication Proficiency• Teaching proficiency• Time Management• Detail orientation• Organization Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Current Status licensure as a nurse
- Current certification in Infection Control
- At least 1 year of job specific experience in post-acute care or hospital environment
- Previous experience in training and instruction
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Member of APIC
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- 2 years' experience
Avalon Health Care Management, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying.
Avalon Health Care Management, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more: E-Verify