Immediate Opening in Occupational Medicine
We are looking for an experienced Paramedic to join our team at our New Orleans, LA site. In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our professionals competitive benefits and salary. This position is a Temporary, Full-time, Night shift position starting on January 7, 2020 through February 14, 2020.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, review the job specifications below:
- Administers treatment of work-related injuries and evaluates and documents its effectiveness.
- Provides client education in areas related to safety, first aid, CPR and others as needed.
- Assures proper maintenance of patients' records.
- Performs client services related to Occupational Health and Safety protocols.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring and understanding attitude towards patients, clients, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers and medical providers.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively as part of a cohesive team and independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, interruption prone environment.
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks utilizing limited resources.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Direct patient care skills to include, but not limited to: assisting with wound cleansing, dressing and suturing; suture removal; splint application/removal; range of motion treatment; heat and cold therapy; medication administration; and respiratory treatment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and completion of an accredited nursing certificate program.
- Valid state Paramedic license
- Prior occupational medicine or emergency room/family practice related work experience preferred
CORE and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers, EOE/ADAAA/AA.