CRT is looking for hardworking and motivated employees with attention to detail and commitment to quality for visual and dimensional inspection. Your work will directly impact the safety of the world's airlines. Are you ready for the challenge?
Component Repair Technologies, Inc. (CRT) is an FAA certified repair station specializing in gas turbine engine component repairs for air, land, and sea.
Our success and world-class reputation in the aviation repair industry can be attributed to our long-standing commitment to quality of product and quality of service, ensuring we exceed FAA standards and customer expectations. Something founder Tom Wheeler realized early on is that we work best as a team and the RAOWIT concept: employees performing “Random Acts of Whatever it Takes.” There is important work to do that requires many skills and specializations and RĀOWIT reminds us that we are all important parts of the process. We all matter at CRT.
Watch the company video: https://componentrepair.com/join-us/
Since its early years, Component Repair Technologies has held events that are centered on the employee and their families. The company demonstrates its commitment to providing for the employees and family with 100% paid healthcare premiums, 401(k) matching, and profit-sharing bonuses. Additionally, we offer:
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Wellness programs, onsite gym, and EAP services
- Career path and development opportunities
- Fun employee and family events throughout the year, including our annual holiday party
What will your workday look like?
- GD&T – Use and correctly interpret geometric tolerance symbols.
- Mechanical Measuring Instruments – Use micrometers, vernier calipers, surface plate gages, dial-indicator gages, custom-made diameter & length gages and set masters, dial bore gages, snap gages, stick gages, gage blocks, thread gages, contour gages, feeler gages, radius gages, and other inspection tools to measure sizes. Check calibration as necessary, at use or at intervals specified by the quality system.
- Electronic and Computer Controlled Measuring Instruments – Follow instructions or follow pre-established programs to use FARO arm, electronic gages, and Coordinate Measuring Machine to measure parts. Ensure calibration is maintained during use of electronic and computer controlled measuring instruments.
- Documentation Inspection – Check customer purchase orders and other customer documentation, check vendor documentation, and CRT documentation to assist in finding defects and to ensure that all documentation is correct. Report and/or correct documentation errors as prescribed in our system.
- Receiving Inspection – Check parts for service conditions that are evaluated for repair requirements.
- In-Process Inspection – Check hidden dimensions and hidden features uncovered during the course of repair. Check CRT workmanship and documentation. Check vendor repairs and documentation.
- Final Inspection – Where verification is required, inspect to verify that all work CRT performed meets the applicable standard. Check features potentially affected by CRT repair work. Check for correct completion of all documentation and records.
- Reporting – Clearly report all findings. Record location, size, acceptability parameters, and other information relevant to the evaluation, acceptance, and correction of findings.
- Testing Requirements – Use hardness testers, OHM meters, or other testing equipment to analyze or verify part characteristics and process quality requirements.
- Calibration – When assigned or at use, perform calibrations and check equipment frequently to ensure traceable acceptable error level is maintained.
- Non-part Inspections – Inspect fixtures, machine parts, and other in-house work.
- Work Instructions – Work directly to OEM engine overhaul manual inspection sections and repairs when evaluating parts, as well as using CRT’s in-house documentation and work instructions.
- Repair Development – Participate with Engineers and Quality Engineers in repair development. Evaluate and recommend inspection methods.
- Ability to preform technical mathematical operations including working with decimals, fractions and basic geometry.
- Follow standard quality systems and documentation.
- Knowledge of basic GD&T commands.
- Using inspection aids, perform visual inspection of turbine engine components and other parts.
- Using measuring equipment such as mechanical gages, surface plate layout inspection tools, and coordinate measuring machines, measure and record part characteristics.
- Properly interpret and follow written and verbal inspection instructions accurately.
- Participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement efforts. Position requires constant communication with engineers and other employees to improve results.
Quality Inspector, Quality Control Inspector, Quality Technician, Quality Inspection Technician, Incoming Goods Inspector, CDQAR, Military, Collateral Duty Inspection, Collateral Duty, Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative, Quality Assurance Representative, Quality Assurance, Goods Inwards Inspector, Quality Assurance Inspector. Micrometers, Gas Turbine, Turbine Engine, Engine, Calipers, Zeiss, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 2nd shift, second shift, 2nd shift, off shift.
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
The CRT team utilizes texting in its recruitment process; you may receive texts from application through the hiring stage.